From: Pally Sandher [mailto:pally.sand...@iesve.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 05:18
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] (no subject)

That means Windows Installer is "thinking". We get it with patches when
you click on the Next button on WelcomeDlg as at that point the Windows
Installer is inventorying the product's currently installed components &
keypaths etc. Not sure what would cause it with an MSI, possibly a large
number of things like RegistrySearch, FileSearch or if you're using the
major upgrade functionality and you currently have an older product
installed which has a large number of files/components/etc.

Nothing to be worried about, just Windows Installer doing it's job
properly & you should just click the return button rather than
cancelling & restarting as it'll likely be no faster.

Palbinder Sandher
Software Deployment & IT Administrator
T: +44 (0) 141 945 8500
F: +44 (0) 141 945 8501

http://www.iesve.com
**Design, Simulate + Innovate with the <Virtual Environment>**
Integrated Environmental Solutions Limited. Registered in Scotland No.
SC151456
Registered Office - Helix Building, West Of Scotland Science Park,
Glasgow G20 0SP Email Disclaimer