From: Jiang, Chunyan (GE Healthcare) [mailto:chunyan.ji...@ge.com]
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2009 12:52 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: [WiX-users] how to install the same version to different path

Hi Wix-users,

I developed one installation package with Wix 3. And  I installed the
current version to my machine. If I want to install the same version
again to my machine, just change the install path, the installation
package doesn't work. It will always install to the last path. And it
even doesn't warn the version has been installed. The following is the
log:

=== Logging started: 16.10.2009  11:32:31 ===
Action 11:32:31: INSTALL.
Action start 11:32:31: INSTALL.
Action 11:32:31: FindRelatedProducts. Searching for related applications
Action start 11:32:31: FindRelatedProducts.
Action ended 11:32:31: FindRelatedProducts. Return value 0.
Action 11:32:31: AppSearch. Searching for installed applications

And I suppose that if I install more than one application to the same
machine, the registration for the app should also be added. So that it
will show the different name as in Control Pannel/Software, like App-1,
App-2, App-n. So does the short cut.

Could some one please tell me how to realize this?

Thanks!

Regards,

Chunyan

------
developing skills, take BlackBerry mobile applications to market and
stay
http://p.sf.net/sfu/devconference