Hi Pally,

Perfect!  I'm off and running.  Thank you!

-----Original Message-----
From: Pally Sandher [mailto:pally.sand...@iesve.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2009 9:19 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Patch information

Unless you're specifically using WiX v2.0 the first link is out-of-date
(it's still pretty good but you do need the Windows SDK installed to use
MSIMSP.exe which it doesn't mention).

Using WiX v3.0 there are 2 different ways to generate patches. See ->
http://wix.sourceforge.net/manual-wix3/patching.htm and the pages it
links to.

Personally I use the first method listed there as I had issues using the
purely-WiX method but I think that may be because I was used to doing it
the PCP way in WiX v2.0. Those pages are also available in the WiX.chm &
are very well written & easy to follow in my humble opinion.

If you have any questions just fire them at the list, there's plenty of
experienced people around who should be able to help you if you get
stuck.

Good luck.

Palbinder Sandher
Software Deployment & IT Administrator
T: +44 (0) 141 945 8500
F: +44 (0) 141 945 8501

http://www.iesve.com
**Design, Simulate + Innovate with the <Virtual Environment>**
Integrated Environmental Solutions Limited. Registered in Scotland No.
SC151456
Registered Office - Helix Building, West Of Scotland Science Park,
Glasgow G20 0SP
Email Disclaimer