In article <bay122-ds39e8ccf0f56e8d035b5c9cd...@phx.gbl>,
    "Blair" <os...@live.com>  writes:

> Which is exactly the reason so many people ship the policies when they
> install the runtimes.

Everything I saw describing how to use the merge modules with WiX
recommended against using the policy MSMs.

If I adjust my application manifest to report the correct dependency,
then I shouldn't need the policy MSM.  It just feels like its
something they missed in that security update to the runtime.