How's the service pack deployed? Is it a patch (.msp) that the user has to
run manually?

The 1334 error normally occurs if a file cannot be found in the source
msi/cab file. I could imagine that some users are running the cached msi
file instead of the original msi file to apply the patch file (service
pack). Maybe.

Best regards,
Sebastian Brand

Deployment consultant