I'm not sure this the right place to ask since I don't know if the
solution is in the install logic of the INF file or the MSI file.

I'm working on a winsock provider and have just finished rewriting the
installation system to use DIFx from WiX 3 instead of custom code,
which I hope will be more reliable. However, the WSP DLL needs to be
installed into the winsock catalog by calling the WSCInstallProvider
function (via an entry point in a DLL I distribute) and I'm having
trouble finding a standard way to do that during installation - adding
a RunOnce entry via the INF file works, but requires a reboot and
doesn't solve the problem of uninstalling the catalog entry when a user
removes the driver. Another potential solution using an INF file
appears to be the RunPostSetupCommands directive, but from what I've
read it appears it's only supported via advpack.dll and not the
setupapi.dll which DIFx uses.

If I can't install and uninstall the catalog entry through the INF
file, I'm wondering if there's a standard way to do so via the MSI
logic? If I need to write a custom action, how would I go about
scheduling it so that it runs after MsiProcessDrivers (or
MsiInstallDrivers)?

--
Bruce Cran