Hi,

While creating an installer that should do a major upgrade I firstly faced the
problem that the registry key containing a version number (of the previous
version) doesn't get removed.
In order to make it possible that the installer of the upgrade removes it I
changed the GUID of the component containing that registry key.
I experienced that the component with the new GUID gets installed only if I
schedule "RemoveExistingProducts" after InstallInitialize. But in order not to
remove an assembly from GAC I have to schedule it after InstallFinalize.

Can I find some work around for this problem so that I remove the registry key
and keep the assembly?

Thanks