From: Matteo Nicolotti [mailto:eversor...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 06:19
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] First user impressions and questions

Hi everybody, i just joined my first mailing list of my life, so please
be patient and understand that sometimes i may look rude just because i
don't know how to behave in there.

In primis, I'm not a programmer in the strict terms, so i'm not really
used to use tools similar to wix,

but starting from some well done tutorial and example i managed to make
my first game installer in a pair of days, mostry thanks to the

quite straightforward structure of Wix.

I'm using Wix with sharp-develop and a user made dll to check for .net
installation version, xna framework, directx and then to install the
game files.

The main problem here is that the current project is actually able to
compress the Xna fw and DirectX redist inside the msi file, while the
.net installer is only checked and then linked.

I would like to have the .Net installer included in the msi package so
that a user can download and install everything in a single step.

Since i am not a good programmer after-all, i was thinking of including
the .net installer as a game-file, then somehow run it before

the game starts, but the xna installer won't install itself, prompting
the user to download the .net then retry.

So i urge to know how can i add the .net installer executable to the msi
file, run it at the start of the installing procedure, wait for it to

do its job, then progress with the installation of the game.

Hotmail: posta elettronica con funzioni avanzate e gratuita, con la
protezione Microsoft.
------
Stay online with enterprise data centers and the best network in the
business Choose flexible plans and management services without long-term
contracts Personal 24x7 support from experience hosting pros just a
phone call away.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/theplanet-com