To install SQL Express you have to use a bootstrapper, i.e. an external
application that first checks if SQL Express is installed already, then starts
the SQLEx installation and then starts your main MSI/wxs installation. This is
required because SQL Express cannot be part of "your" Setup, it cannot be
merged into your setup. (Well, it "shouldn't")

If you need something like the usual "feature" tree view in your setup, it gets
even harder. You have to rebuild the setup wizard interface for the user that
implements a custom feature selector and then installs SQL Express as described
above and sends the states of the other selected features to the main installer.

Best regards,
Sebastian Brand
sebast...@instyler.com

Instyler Software - Software development, deployment and productivity
Geisenfelder Str. 53a - 85053 Ingolstadt, Germany - EU VAT ID: DE219712370
Phone: +49 841-4544567 - Fax & voicemail: +49 321-21220152
www.instyler.com