From: Dave Brotherstone [mailto:dav...@pobox.com]
Sent: 31 March 2010 06:42
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Wix 2.0: if some dll file(s) deleted,then we'll
get "Error 2836" in Repair mode

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 1:39 AM, little.forest
<little.for...@ymail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I totally understand 'using regsvr32 in Wix' is not recommended. But
> in this adxloader.dll case, we can't use tallow or heat to generate
> fragments from the dll. This is not the problem of tallow or heat, but

> the problem of the dll. However, the dll can be registered manually by
using regsvr32.exe.
> So my question is: is there a way that we can collect the needed
> registry information manually? If it's possible, then we can get rid
of regsvr32.

You can probably see the registry entries manually by watching regsvr32
in procmon (from sysinternals).  You'll need to convert the output to
WiX, but at least you'll see everything that is written.  Just set the
filter to procname="regsvr32", and only watch the registry.

Dave.