This removes the fragments (I had tried suppressing the fragments already) but
still generates one component per file. Is there any way to set component
generation at folder level rather than at file level?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tency Kuruvilla [mailto:tency.kuruvi...@kcs.com.kw]
Sent: 31 March 2010 12:04
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Heat harvesting and fragment/component generation.

try

 heat.exe <harvestType> <harvester arguments> -out sourceFile.wxs Supported
harvesting types:
   dir      harvest a directory
   file     harvest a file
   project  harvest outputs of a VS project
   website  harvest an IIS web site
   -ag      autogenerate component guids at compile time
   -gg      generate guids now
   -ke      keep empty directories
   -nologo  skip printing heat logo information
   -out     specify output file (default: write to current directory)
   -pog:<group>
            specify output group of VS project, one of:
                Binaries,Symbols,Documents,Satellites,Sources,Content
              This option may be repeated for multiple output groups.
   -scom    suppress COM elements
   -sfrag   suppress fragments
   -sreg    suppress registry harvesting
   -suid    suppress unique identifiers for files, components, & directories
   -sw<N>   suppress all warnings or a specific message ID
            (example: -sw1011 -sw1012)
   -swall   suppress all warnings (deprecated)
   -t:<xsl>  transform harvested output with XSL file
   -template:  use template, one of: fragment,module,product
   -v       verbose output
   -wx[N]   treat all warnings or a specific message ID as an error
            (example: -wx1011 -wx1012)
   -wxall   treat all warnings as errors (deprecated)
   -? | -help  this help information
heat dir <directory path>  -out imp.wxs -template:product -scom -sreg -sfrag
-gg -suid