Hi,

With install shield we used to store properties we wanted for later in an xml
file and then install shield would read them in at the beginning of install.
We didn't use a custom action to do this, it was a built in function with
install shield.

I am looking for something similar with WiX.  Maybe using the Util extenision?

The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally
protected under applicable law. The message is intended solely for the
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction of this message is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the