If you folks are using WiX 3.5 then you could be hitting a bug. I'm
thinking it's the first to support IIS 7, which that method
"WriteIIS7ConfigChanges" seems to imply.

-----Original Message-----
From: gaurav_th [mailto:t_gaura...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 4:23 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] IIS error during Repair Installation?

Even I am encountring the same error. If website already exists,
following
error shown is this:

WriteIIS7ConfigChanges:  Error 0x800700b7: Unable modify existing
WebSite
WriteIIS7ConfigChanges:  Error 0x800700b7: Failed to configure IIS site.
WriteIIS7ConfigChanges:  Error 0x800700b7: WriteIIS7ConfigChanges
Failed.

Actually we are installing three virtual directories in a website.
Earlier
in Wix 2.0 ConfigureIfExist use to work but now you cannot write
iis:Website
component in all wix of same website. It always throws this error. Is
this a
bug or there is a workaround it.

Thanks
Gaurav