Wix actions can be set into "verbose" mode by setting the property
LOGVERBOSE to 1. (read the comments in the following blog post:
http://www.joyofsetup.com/2008/07/15/verbose-logging-from-wcautil/).

-----Original Message-----
From: Pally Sandher [mailto:pally.sand...@iesve.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2010 11:12 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Detach Databases on Uninstall

Try using "msiexec /i <msiname> /l*vx <logname>" to get verbose logs.

I'm not sure on what info the WiX Standard Custom Actions like SqlExtension
put into the logs but those options should get everything & might help point
out where it's failing. For some reason I've got a feeling there is some
Property or variable you may need to set to get the Standard Custom Actions
to put more stuff into the logs, not 100% sure on that though & I can't find
any reference to it anywhere so I might be mixing it up with something else.
Hopefully if it does exist someone else will remember what I'm rambling
about & clarify.

Palbinder Sandher
Software Deployment & IT Administrator
T: +44 (0) 141 945 8500
F: +44 (0) 141 945 8501

http://www.iesve.com
**Design, Simulate + Innovate with the <Virtual Environment>**
Integrated Environmental Solutions Limited. Registered in Scotland No.
SC151456
Registered Office - Helix Building, West Of Scotland Science Park, Glasgow
G20 0SP
Email Disclaimer