When and in which table(s) is your DLL sequenced? What does the installation
log say?

-----Original Message-----
From: vijay chander [mailto:vijaychander2...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2010 5:20 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Can we control registration of Components from a COM
DLL

Hi All,

I'm trying to attain unattended installation using WIX, where I need to read
some parameters from .ini file and set the properties to select only some
features on installation.
I have tried setting Properties using both MsiSetProperty and WcaSetProperty
as mentioned below:

MsiSetProperty(hInstall, L"SERVER", L"1");

hr = WcaSetProperty(L"SERVER", L"1");

and I'm running commandline "msiexec /i sample.msi /qb" without giving any
parameter expecting it would be picked up from my DLL which uses either of
MsiSetProperty or WcaSetProperty.

I was able to fetch the default property value and set it to the value which
i was sending from the .ini file but the problem is that particular
component was not installing as expected.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Vijay Chander