From: Pratapa Reddy Sanaga [mailto:pratap.san...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2010 7:57 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] End dialog UI

I'm hitting some issues with localization.

I created error 25001 as follows and called MsiProcessMessage from a custom
action:

<UI>
      <Error Id="25001">"!(loc.Error_25001)"</Error>
</UI>

And created a file named wix_eng.wxl with the following content

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<WixLocalization Culture="en-US" Codepage="1252" xmlns="
http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/localization"; >

<String Id="Error_25001" Overridable="yes">English - Error string
25001</String>
</WixLocalization>

Linked the wxl using

light.exe -nologo -v -w1 -wx EP.wixobj wixui.wixlib -loc WixUI_en-us.wxl
-loc ..\Package\wix_eng.wxl -out EP_English.msi

Now when I run EP_English.msi, I get a message window as expected, but the
error text displayed in it is !(loc.Error_25001) instead of the expected
localized string. I tried following the steps mentioned in this site for
localization, but I'm not sure why it is not working...
http://www.tramontana.co.hu/wix/lesson2.php#2.6. How do I show localized
custom error messages using MsiProcessMessage?

Can you please help me with this?

Thanks,
Pratap.

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 10:46 AM, Blair <os...@live.com> wrote:

> To use your new error 25001 you need to call (something in your custom
> action that will eventually call) MsiProcessMessage passing it the
> INSTALLMESSAGE_ERROR value and a record that includes your error number as
> described in the page http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/aa371614.aspx.
>
> The custom action itself shouldn't return 25001. It should return the
> documented return values for the type of custom action you created.

Open