From: Pratapa Reddy Sanaga [mailto:pratap.san...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2010 3:13 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Localization - ProductCode property

Certificates are not based on ProductCode. So how do I make sure that my
cert is not deleted during a major upgrade, but deleted during an uninstall?
Also, my msi's functionality does not change from language to language, like
it doesn't install any language specific packs etc... All my MSI does is to
install a redist of a component that doesn't care about languages, talk to a
webservice and get down a certificate. So, if we are to do a major upgrade,
it should be a well planned act by us and we will change the ProductCode for
all languages at that time.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Blair <os...@live.com> wrote:

> Your certificates are based on ProductCode? There is no reason I can think
> of that a Major Upgrade can't retain/reuse files or configuration from a

http://windows-installer-xml-wix-toolset.687559.n2.nabble.com/When-to-change

-Product-Id-ProductCode-two-editions-of-the-same-product-td3832979.html#a383