I haven't looked at the history of WcaInitialize() but the latest public
version fails if it can't find/parse the Version resource of the DLL.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Krehl [mailto:tim.kr...@shavlik.com]
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2010 7:20 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] What can cause WcaInitialize to fail?

It does not have a version resource.

I also noticed that even on a working system running with /l*vx or
/lvoicewarmupx the install log never contains the logging
of ::WcaLog(LOGMSG_STANDARD, "Working on MyCA");  I had assumed this would
always be logged and not seeing this line I assumed the WcaInitialize was
failing.  I am looking into the option that the custom action work it
failing which seems a lot more probable.  Not sure why logging
isn't occurring.

http://windows-installer-xml-wix-toolset.687559.n2.nabble.com/What-can-cause

-WcaInitialize-to-fail-tp5213865p5213865.html<http://windows-installer-xml-w