Apparently, there's hyperlink support with MSI 5.0. Bob Arnson blogs about it
here:

http://www.joyofsetup.com/2009/01/17/msi-v50-features-in-wix-v30/

Going back to your earlier question, about re-evaluating whether .NET is
installed, the reason you're getting the same result even after .NET has
been installed is that the check is done early in the install sequence
during the AppSearch action. So, even if the condition changes, the check
has already been made and the property set. I don't think there's a way to
call that check again, either, once it's run once.

I think you're on the right track looking for a bootstrapper. That would
give you the functionality to do the check, install if needed, and then
continue on. I'm not sure which bootstrapper is the best to use. Hopefully
Burn will be out soon.

In the meantime, you may just decide to stick with your launch condition and
exit if the prerequisite isn't met. The message might just be descriptive
and tell the user that they'll need to relaunch the installer.