That is what I do and I see the text.

Neil

-----Original Message-----
From: Stelios Kyprou [mailto:stelios.kyp...@formicary.net]
Sent: 29 July 2010 17:28
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: [WiX-users] Progress Text update

Hey wix users!

I have an installer which uses the built in "WixUI_InstallDir" dialogs.
I also have some deferred custom action running between
InstallInitialize and InstallFinalize.
What i am trying to do, is display an update message in the ProgressDlg
when a custom action is executing.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but is the following code all i need to display

the message?
<ProgressText Action="EventLogConfiguration"
Template="!(loc.EventLogCreationProgressBarMsg)"/>
<ProgressText Action="EventLogConfiguration_Rollback"
Template="!(loc.EventLogDeletionProgressBarMsg)"/>
<ProgressText Action="EventLogConfigurationDelete"
Template="!(loc.EventLogDeletionProgressBarMsg)"/>
<ProgressText Action="EventLogConfigurationDelete_Rollback"
Template="!(loc.EventLogCreationProgressBarMsg)"/>
etc.
the above is defined under the <UI> tag in my main file, and the action
attribute is set to the ID of each of my custom actions.
Let's forget for now about updating the progress bar, is the above
enough?
I can't see the messages, maybe it's too fast to be able to realise that

it's showing the message.

Regards, Stelios

--
Stelios Kyprou
Systems Engineer

----
This message is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended
solely for
the named addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please
inform us.
Any unauthorised dissemination, distribution or copying hereof is
prohibited.

Formicary Limited registered office in England and Wales, address 1
Taillar
Road, Hedon, East Yorkshire HU12 8GU, registration number 3894343, VAT
number
747644304, does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication
has been
maintained nor that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions
or
interference.
----