There's a static method called Preprocessor.GetSourceLineNumbers that accepts
an XmlNode object. It's used by WiX as Candle is looking through your
markup. I'm not sure that you'll be able to use it very easily. If you don't
mind my asking, what is it you're trying to achieve? Preprocessor extensions
don't have elements that need to be parsed. Do you instead mean to say that
you're creating a compiler extension?