From: "Wilson, Phil" <phil.wil...@invensys.com>
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
<wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Tue, September 28, 2010 12:33:08 PM
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] how to stop msiserver after installation;

It sounds like you have a design that expects the Windows Installer service (or
some number of processes called msiexec.exe?) to stop when a bunch of your
installs have finished. The Windows Installer service isn't a child process!
Like any other Windows service you stop it with the service APIs, but really,
your design is just very very wrong. If those other installs are completely out
of your control (and you can't install them yourself so you *know* when they
complete) you'd be better off polling for the ProductCode of last one you
launched to see when it is finally installed.

Phil Wilson