Maybe as additional information: A good dialog editor is the
SharpDevelop in a version 3.2.1 or 4.0.1.7090 (available here
http://build.sharpdevelop.net/buildartefacts/) . Older versions of 4.0
have exceptions when editing dialogs.

In general SharpDevelop is able to edit a standalone dialog as they
are in the folder src\ext\UIExtension\wixlib of the wix sources.
Complete dialog sets (e.g. WixUI_Mondo.wxs) are not editable with the
tool.

In general and shortly described one approach to modify dialog sets is
: Create a copy of a dialog set (from WiX sources) which corresponds
best with your requirements, create a copy of the dialogs you want to
modify, rename the copied dialog set (e.g. with prefix
ModWiXUI_Mondo.wxs). Afterwards do the same renaming for all the
dialogs you want to change and modify these copied ones. Then change
the references within these dialogs and dialog sets to the new names
and that should be all.

Other ways are linked e.g. in the presentation
http://www.slideshare.net/alekdavis/beginners-guide-to-windows sheet
52 +53.

After some understanding of the underlying XML dialog structure from
my point of view WiX has a much transparenter dialog modell as
InstallShield where e.g. the whole button sequences are difficult to
track. E.g. we have a ModLicenseAgreementDlg.wxs, ModExitDialog.wxs,
ModFeaturesDlg.wxs and ModVerifyReadyDlg.wxs.

Regards
Tobias