No sorry. I meant the prerequisite is started by clicking on
setup.exe. Then a dialog appears if the launch condition for the
prerequisite is not satisfied and the user can confirm to install it.
As I remember the bootstrapper aborts if the user cancels the
prerequisite installation. So he is obliged to confirm in order to
install the application.

At first I thought you mean the prerequisite is directly embedded into
the setup.exe what the MS Bootstrapper cannot do.