From: Michael Tissington [mailto:michael_tissing...@ciqual.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 9:48 AM
To: 'General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.'
Subject: [WiX-users] ICE03 and version number

My understanding is that the 4th position in the version number is not used by
anything when checking version number.
Upgrade, etc ...

I see some version numbers on products use the 4th position as free formatted.

However when I try to build a package with a number like 1.2.3.123-56-ab-334 I
get a candle error that it does not conform to n.n.n.n format.

Can I use the version number like this ?

Thanks