From: Ben Peikes [mailto:bpei...@gargoylestrategic.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:08 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Simple splash screen

I'm new to WIX. I downloaded 3.5 and am using it integrated with VS 2010. I
have my first installer working. It just installs two files. I'd like to add a
splash screen which can prompt the user to continue/cancel. I've tried
following the tutorial, but I can't even seem to get the example using
"ConfigurableDirectory" working. Here is my simple wxs file. When I run the msi
it simply installs without prompting me for a directory. I actually don't want
to let the user pick the directory, I'm looking for a simple splash screen, but
I couldn't figure out how to get that working. I've added WixUIExtention as a
Reference in the project as well, but still no prompt for a directory.
What am I doing wrong?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<Wix xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi";>

       <Product Id="add197fa-1c37-4d90-838c-5ae71fc1b419"
Name="OurTools" Language="1033" Version="1.0.0.0"
Manufacturer="OurCompany"
UpgradeCode="7a73a89a-e9cf-4d0e-825d-12e9088e9242">

              <Package Id="*" Description="This does some things"
Manufacturer=" OurCompany " InstallerVersion="200" Compressed="yes" />

              <Media Id="1" Cabinet="media1.cab" EmbedCab="yes" />

              <Directory Id="TARGETDIR" Name="SourceDir">

                     <Directory Id="ProgramFilesFolder">

                     <Directory Id="Manufacturer" Name="[Manufacturer]">

                             <Directory Id="INSTALLDIR"
Name="Executable">

            <Component Id="AppExeComp"
Guid="24243254-8A4F-47BA-AE63-03E22F3B2923">

              <File Id="AppExe" Name="App.exe" Source="App.exe"
KeyPath="yes" />

            </Component>

            <Component Id="AppConfig"
Guid="FC81DC41-D6F2-4728-9A78-0C3124C3DD39">

              <File Id="AppConfig" Name="app.config" Source="app.config "
KeyPath="yes" />

            </Component>

                             </Directory>

</Directory>

                     </Directory>

              </Directory>

              <Feature Id="Patch" Title="Victor 1.0.0.29 HotFix1"
Level="1" ConfigurableDirectory="INSTALLDIR">

<ComponentRef Id="AppExeComp" />

<ComponentRef Id="AppConfig" />

<!-- Note: The following ComponentGroupRef is required to pull in generated
authoring from project references. -->

<ComponentGroupRef Id="Product.Generated" />

              </Feature>

  </Product>

</Wix>

intended