Hi,
I am wondering if there is any way to have Wix check if the
product is already installed (irrespective of the version), if so ask
the user to uninstall it manually (or ask the user if he wants it to be
uninstalled by Wix if possible).
Then Wix would just do a full
installation as if it was the first time the product was installed
(since the uninstall would have removed everything).
This way I could
 use the "Initial Run" harvesting through Paraffin as part of every
build as the component GUIDs won't matter, rather than using the -update
 switch.

Is this possible or am I stuck with the Major update process?

Thanks,
Andreas