> From: r...@robmensching.com
> Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 08:26:40 -0700
> To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [WiX-users] WiX 3.6 beta and virus checker
>
> Wow, that's a pretty aggressive virus checker. How do you install software
> that requires a reboot with that thing turned on?
It's my work system so I don't have access to/can't change the policies it is
using. I've installed loads of things in the past based on InstallShield,
InnoSetup etc, and never seen this error message. I can't remember if any of
them required a reboot but I have installed updates from Microsoft Update which
did, and I had no problem. It may be that Trend has rules to allow certain
'well-known' bootstrappers to execute, or maybe none of them do the same
registry access as you do. I'm guessing it's the function UpdateResumeMode in
burn\engine\registration.cpp, do you agree?

> Can you open a bug with this information in it? I'm not exactly sure what
> we'll do about it but we should at least track the issue.
Yes I will do when I'm back in work. I am a bit surprised nobody has seen this;
I would have thought that there would be many other corporate users with Trend
OfficeScan and a similar config.
Pete