Hi,

I have a project in which all files are harvested recursively from a single
source folder. I would also like to add a file association to this project
as below:

        <Component Id='FileAssociation' Guid="*">
            <File Id="AssociatedExecutable"
                Name="$(env.MAIN_EXECUTABLE)"
                Source="$(env.SOURCEDIR_PROG)\bin\$(env.MAIN_EXECUTABLE)"
                KeyPath="yes"/>
            <ProgId Id="$(env.MAIN_EXECUTABLE)"
Description="$(env.DESCRIPTION) files" Advertise="no" >
                <Extension Id="$(env.FILEASSOCIATION)"
ContentType="application/$(env.FILEASSOCIATION)" Advertise="no" >
                    <Verb Command="Open" Id="open"
TargetFile="AssociatedExecutable" Argument="%1" />
                </Extension>
            </ProgId>
        </Component>

The problem with this is that the file referenced as $(env.MAIN_EXECUTABLE)
has already been harvested by heat, and there is already a File element
pointing to it. So I get the following error:

error LGHT0204: ICE30: The target file '.....' is installed in
 '[ProgramFilesFolder]\....\....\bin\' by two different components on an
LFN system: 'FileAssociation' and 'cmpEC461
517D65363F29020E8A217A316F4'. This breaks component reference counting.

Is there any other way to tell the Verb element which file we are talking
about?

Peter