I'm trying to create a bootstrapper that checks for and installs the .net
framework 4.0 client profile. (I don't want to ship the 42MB .net installer,
prefer dl&install)I also want to log the warnings and errors of the msi on all
installs, so I can provide them in error reports.  So, how do I provide args to
the msiexec?Lastly, I would prefer to have a self contained package instead of
an msi and an exe. I am going by this approach atm, but I don't think this can
address all of my concerns
above:http://wix.sourceforge.net/manual-wix3/install_dotnet.htm I came across
this response by Rob to the question of embedding the msi in the bootstrapper,
are these still concerns? Oct 05, 2006:"You have to extract it.  The Windows
Installer engine doesn't know how to read MSI files out of resource streams.
Besides, you're going to want to put the MSI in a place where future repair
operations can find it.
Otherwise the user will get prompted to find an MSI that is hidden inside your
boostrapper (which may or may not be around anymore).
You can see the setup.exe with WiX v3
caches."http://windows-installer-xml-wix-toolset.687559.n2.nabble.com/Embedding-MSI-in-a-bootstrapper-td694822.html