Any ideas anyone?

-----Original Message-----
From: Stelios Kyprou [mailto:stelios.kyp...@fcg.im]
Sent: 15 December 2011 10:55
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: [WiX-users] Removing through the UI mode does not prompt for privileges

Hello all,
I have an installer built on wix 3.5.2519. It installs per machine and using
WixUI_InstallDir ui.
-When installing the product, it prompts the user for elevated privileges
before installing.
-When uninstalling via "Programs and Features", it prompts the same user for
elevated privileges.
-When uninstalling through the UI mode, no elevation is requested, and the
uninstallation process does not complete successfully because of that.

Is there something I have to set so that it prompts for elevation through the
UI?

I do not set anywhere the ALLUSERS anywhere. The only thing I do is set the
installscope to permachine.

Regards,
Stelios

This message w/attachments (message) is intended solely for the use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential or proprietary. If you are not an intended recipient, please
notify the sender, and then please delete and destroy all copies and
attachments, and be advised that any review or dissemination of, or the taking
of any action in reliance on, the information contained in or attached to this
message is prohibited. Formicary cannot guarantee that this message is secure
or free of errors or viruses.