The wixstdba will automatically search for a .wxl file of the system
language (i.e. look in 1033 directory for english and 1041 for german and
1044 for japanese, or are those last two switched?).

Failing to find a matching .wxl file will cause wixstdba to fall back to a
.wxl in the root.

There are a few bugs about localization open that need to be fixed before
this works well but you can see the beginnings.

virtually, Rob Mensching - http://RobMensching.com LLC