HI all,
I'm having problems creating a WIX small or minor patch...
My wsx files that I use to create the installation use HeatDirectory to harvest
the files I need to put in my MSI (I'm not using cab, it's in a folder besides
the MSI), anyway, I have 2 versions of the installation MSI and the wixpdb
files that go along with them, the problem I'm having is creating the right
patch.wsx to work with the diff.wixmst I create with the torch...
The call to this command:
pyro.exe out\patch\patch.wixmsp -out out\patch\patch.msp -t RTM
out\patch\diff.wixmst
throws:
pyro.exe : error PYRO0252 : No valid transforms were provided to attach to the
patch. Check to make sure the transforms you passed on the command line have a
matching baseline authored in the patch. Also, make sure there are differences
between your target and upgrade.
And it figures... I don't have an RTM id anywhere... please help...
Any link to a patch.wsx sample with a bit MORE details will be MUCH appreciated.

Tomer Cohen
InSight Team Leader, R&D
QualiSystems
20 Hacarmel St.
Ganey Tikva, Israel 55900

Fax: +972-77-9014099
phone: +972-77-9014094
Mobile: +972-52-3362846
Email: tome...@qualisystems.com
Web: www.qualisystems.com

QualiSystems | 20 Hacarmel St. Ganey Tikva, Israel 55900

Learn about our NEW Test Automation Solution - TestShell Studio
Join our QA Test Automation Group on LinkedIn

Standards of Excellence
This email including any attachment may contain confidential and/or privileged
information intended solely for the use of the specified addressee[s]. Its
contents shall not be copied, reproduced, changed or communicated to another -
either in whole or in part. If you have received this email or parts thereof in
error we request that you immediately notify us and delete this email.