On 25-Jan-12 03:37, Peter Bulyaki wrote:
> One of the many requirements towards our installer is that
> the bundle installer itself should not be a separately installed product -
> only the MSIs.
See the Bundle element doc:

DisableRemove   YesNoType <wix_xsd_simple_type_yesnotype.htm>   Determines
whether the bundle can be removed via the Programs and Features (also
known as Add/Remove Programs). If the value is "yes" then the
"Uninstall" button will not be displayed. The default is "no" which
ensures there is an "Uninstall" button to remove the bundle. If the
"DisableModify" attribute is also "yes" or "button" then the bundle will
not be displayed in Progams and Features and another mechanism (such as
registering as a related bundle addon) must be used to ensure the bundle
can be removed.

> Our management wants that 1. and 2. should leave the target computer in
> exactly the same state (which means no bundle installed in ARP as a
> separate product).
Burn does not support that scenario.

> Users will have to uninstall each of the 7 products
> individually in both cases.
And that's the reason why: Burn prevents users from having to uninstall
multiple packages by hand, instead of automating and handling
dependencies and uninstall order.

--
sig://boB
http://joyofsetup.com/