From: loyalty Reddy [mailto:reddy.loya...@gmail.com]
Sent: 30 January 2012 12:37
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] RegistrySearch

Hi,

I am using Windows 7, 64 bit.
I ma having trouble reading if a key exists in registry. The key that I am
using for is in HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\MyApplication\MyApp.

I am using the following code:

 <Property Id="ISPRESENT">
  <RegistrySearch Id="PathSearch"
      Root="HKLM"
      Type="raw"
      Key="Software\Wow6432Node\MyApplication\MyApp"
      Name="DbPath"
      Win64="yes" />
 </Property>

Whether or not DbPath exists, the ISPRESENT is not set. I compared the
ISPRESENT value with 1 and #1, nothing works.
I also tried not using Wow6432Node, still it fails.

what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Reddy