Hello!

I managed to ignore the welcome screen, but in some cases, I need the
InstallDirDlg dialog to show up.  So I put in these lines:

      [Show Dialog="InstallDirDlg" After="WelcomeDlg"]UPGRADING_OLDER_PRODUCT
AND NOT INSTALL_LOCATION_FOUND[/Show]

This gives me these errors (I do not have a drive E:, BTW).

E:\delivery\Dev\wix36_public\src\ext\UIExtension\wixlib\WixUI_Advanced.wxs(38,0):

error LGHT0094: Unresolved reference to symbol 'Property:ApplicationFolderName'
in section 'Fragment:'.

E:\delivery\Dev\wix36_public\src\ext\UIExtension\wixlib\InstallScopeDlg.wxs(23,0):

error LGHT0094: Unresolved reference to symbol 'Property:WixAppFolder' in
section 'Fragment:'.

With a little trial and error, I figured out that including WelcomeDlg in the
After causes this error.
This sequence works.

      [Show Dialog="InstallDirDlg" Before="ProgressDlg"]UPGRADING_OLDER_PRODUCT
AND NOT INSTALL_LOCATION_FOUND[/Show]
      [Show Dialog="WelcomeDlg" Before="InstallDirDlg"](NOT Installed OR PATCH)
AND (NOT UPGRADING_OLDER_PRODUCT)[/Show]

Can anyone explain what is going on here?  I figure it has something to do with
the way properties include entire files when referenced, but I don't get this
one because WelcomeDlg is used all over the place in my project.  I'm
interested in what process WiX is going thru to that would cause this.

-Derrick