>Very mysterious. The next build of the WiX toolset (Monday) will have even

>more logging around restart. Can you retry your scenarios with that and

>share the log file to diagnose further?

Wix 3.6.2719

OS 2003 SP2 x86, 2008 SP2 x86:

Apply complete, result: 0x0, restart: Required, ba requested restart:  No

Shutting down, exit code: 0x0

Shutting down, Result: Restart

Bootstrapper application requested restart at shutdown. Planned to restart
already: No.

...<Variable dump>...

Exit code: 0x0, restarting: Yes

Restarting computer...

OS 2008 R2:

Apply complete, result: 0x0, restart: Required, ba requested restart:  No

Shutting down, exit code: 0x0

Shutting down, Result: Restart

...<Variable dump>...

Exit code: 0x0, restarting: No

If you don't mind I reopen TT 3414392 and attach logs there.

</pre>
<b>SDL PLC confidential, all rights reserved.</b>
If you are not the intended recipient of this mail SDL requests and requires
that you delete it without acting upon or copying any of its contents, and we
further request that you advise us.<BR>
SDL PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 02675207.<BR>
Registered address: Globe House, Clivemont Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7DY,
UK.