Thanks for the clarifications. So I can use the Aquire-events for my purposes,
I'm just not guaranteed that an "Aquire" is a download... well, as long as I
use the words "aquiring X" instead of "downloading X", I'm good? :P

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Mensching [mailto:r...@robmensching.com]
Sent: 17. April 2012 16:47
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Bootstrapper download progress

"Downloading" is part of "Acquire" because you might also be "Copying" from a
DVD or network share.  "Cache" is the operation of putting the packages in the
"package cache".  Packages are always securely placed in the "package cache" to
ensure they are not tampered with before being executed.  If you say Cache="no"
the files will be deleted from the cache at the end of the Apply phase.

virtually, Rob Mensching - http://RobMensching.com LLC