With chrome in the mix, nothing at all (not even IE or Firefox) gets
terminated.

Action 9:04:37: WixRegisterRestartResources.
Action start 9:04:37: WixRegisterRestartResources.
WixRegisterRestartResources:  Entering WixRegisterRestartResources in
C:\Windows\Installer\MSI7074.tmp, version 3.6.2809.0
WixRegisterRestartResources:  Registering process name iexplore.exe with
the Restart Manager.
WixRegisterRestartResources:  Registering process name firefox.exe with the
Restart Manager.
WixRegisterRestartResources:  Registering process name chrome.exe with the
Restart Manager.
Action ended 9:04:38: WixRegisterRestartResources. Return value 1.
Action 9:04:38: InstallValidate. Validating install
Action start 9:04:38: InstallValidate.
Action 9:04:43: ShutdownApplications. Shutting down applications
The setup was unable to automatically close all requested applications.
Please ensure that the applications holding files in use are closed before
continuing with the installation.
Action ended 9:04:54: InstallValidate. Return value 1.