Thanks Morten, now I think it makes senses that the dependencies are only "to
make sure the referenced project is built" and "to get access to some
preprocessor variables". I guess I got the wrong impression that the
dependencies would be included because when I created a WIX custom action
project and referenced to this project, I can call this function from it(of
course by using custom tag) just like in a normal project.