Thanks Chris. I am not sure if I misunderstood the functionality of heat, but
I thought all it does was to declare the file structure in the target
machine. And the new output somehow indicates that: I tried to run heat on
both of my myLib.tlb file as well as myLib.dll files, the first wxs output
is just like how I described in the original post, and the second output,
weirdly, is only a component which includes <File>myLib.dll. This is exactly
the same like how I declared it manually. However, based on your reply, I
got the feeling that heat would generate some extra information when running
on myLib.dll, which will register the COM.

The myLib.dll and myLib.tlb are generated by a class library which is marked
as "register for COM interop", and I just ran heat like this:

heat file myLib.tlb -o tlb.wxs
heat file myLib.dll -o dll.wxs

On the second command heat also warms me that "Could not harvest data from a
file that was expected to be an assembly: myLib.dll", but I just ignored
this warning.

Did I still miss something? Thanks!