Hi Luis

(1) Are you attempting a major upgrade or a minor one?

If its a major upgrade then your upgrade MSI should have an identical
upgrade ID but a different product ID and a different version from the
original MSI.  I cant tell if the product code has changed or not as
you have only posted one set of code.  However, if you dont change the
product ID and the system tries a major upgrade, you will get this.

Also, check your version number.  In your WXS it's listed as 1.0.0.58.
When FindRelatedProducts is called to look for versions to upgrade, it
only checks the first 3 parts of the version number and the fourth
number is ALWAYS ignored.  If you have only bumped the version from say
from 1.0.0.57 in the original MSI to 1.0.0.58 in the upgrade MSI,
FindRelatedProducts still sees these as being the same.

(2) I dont know the answer to this one but as a guess, I think you may
need to digitally sign your MSI for the publisher to be shown.

(3) I am not sure what your intention was by including the condition but
Windows Installer will detect if your application is already installed
and prevent a re-install by itself.  The third screen shot shows this
happening with the only option to repair or remove.  Was there a reason
for trying to stop the user installing the update again?

Chris Lord
Attero Tech, LLC
1315 Directors Row, Suite 107
Fort Wayne, IN 46808
Ph: 260-496-9668 ext. 377, Fax 260-496-9879

email: chris.l...@atterotech.com

Confidentiality Notice:  This message is intended solely for the use of
the addressees shown above.  It may contain information that is
privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable
law.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are
hereby notified that the copying, use or distribution of any information
or materials transmitted in or with this message is strictly prohibited.
 If you received this message by mistake, please immediately contact me
at (260) 496-9668 x 377 or chris.l...@atterotech.com and destroy the
original message.  Thank you.