I also like to add an AssertSz(FALSE, "Debug here"); from the wcautil.h.
That pops up a dialog box with all the information what process to attach
to (since there will be multiple msiexec's). If the assert doesn't fire,
then I know the problem is with the CustomAction scheduling.

Of course, remembering to take out the Assert FALSE is important too. Wish
I could say I never forget to do that. <smile/>

virtually, Rob Mensching - http://RobMensching.com LLC