It seems that SqlServerExpress2008 was actually planned to be uninstalled,
not repaired. That makes sense since the InstallCondition evaluated to
false (so the package should be removed from the machine).

The BA can override the engine's default requested state in the
OnPlanPackageBegin() callback.

virtually, Rob Mensching - http://RobMensching.com LLC