From: Ed and Beth Brey [mailto:edandb...@breyfamily.net]
Sent: September-10-12 3:40 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Tying .NET bootstrapper into existing WiX project

I have a run-of-the-mill .NET app with a simple existing WiX project. I'm
trying to include Burn into the project to get the goodness of .NET framework
bootstrapping. The app only needs .NET 4.0, so I'd like to install nothing if
.NET 4.0 or 4.5 is present, or .NET 4.5 if neither are present (unless it's
Windows XP, then NET 4.0, since 4.5 is not supported). The reason for
installing 4.5 is just to avoid perturbing the user by installing an old
version of the framework, which he'll probably someday have to upgrade.

This seems like a fairly common scenario (except maybe the part about Windows
XP, but support for XP could be dropped if it complicates things), but I can't
find a good example that helps me put the whole thing together.
In particular, it's not clear how the new <Bundle> element references the
existing <Product> element. Does MsiPackage do this? If so, how?

Thanks,

Ed Brey