Dr. Watson did some investigation into this a while ago. He found this post
by Blair to be helpful
http://www.mail-archive.com/wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg19719.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Ramirez [mailto:nickra...@hotmail.com]
Sent: 14 September 2012 16:18
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Pyro -bt and -bu flags

One of the problems I've encountered when using .wixpdb files to create a
patch is there's no way to bind the binary data into them. So, if you move
them, there's a good chance the paths to your source files won't work
anymore. (For this reason I find that using .wixout files are easier because
the binary data /can/ be bound into them).

Has anyone used the -bt or -bu flags with Pyro? Can you tell me how they
work? Do they solve this problem I mentioned with .wixpdb's?

Thanks!

SDL PLC confidential, all rights reserved.
If you are not the intended recipient of this mail SDL requests and requires
that you delete it without acting upon or copying any of its contents, and we
further request that you advise us.
SDL PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 02675207.
Registered address: Globe House, Clivemont Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7DY,
UK.