HI,

I am using Wix 3,6. I have an issue, while uninstalling the application
I want to close a process which is basically a system tray icon. When
the uninstallation process starts it pop's up a dialog asking the user
to close the application ("The following application should be closed
before continuing the install"). I don't want this dialog to appear but
instead do the closing automatically.

I tried the following, but no luck.

<InstallExecuteSequence>
       <Custom Action="WixCloseApplications"
                Before="InstallInitialize">Installed</Custom>
       <Custom Action="StartMonitor"
                After="StartServices">NOT Installed</Custom>
    </InstallExecuteSequence>

   <util:CloseApplication Id="CloseMonitor" Target="Monitor.exe"
                           CloseMessage="yes" RebootPrompt="no">
        Installed
    </util:CloseApplication>

I want the wix to detect the applications and close them as part of
uninstallation process. No need of showing the dialog box prompt. Can
anyone please help me to implement it.

It works fine with it is installed from command prompt with /qn switch
but without /qn switch I get the dialog ("The following application
should be closed before continuing the install"). Can someone please
help me on how to fix this.

I was checking some forums and many pople had stated that
<util:CloseApplication> does not close the system tray icon processes.
Is it true?

Thanks in advance.

Sanam.