Hello,

First of all, sorry for posting this a second time, but my first post (via
nabble) seems to have been rejected, because I hadn't received subscription
confirmation mail before.

I am a dev of the cppcheck project and I am trying to improve our installer.
We are using WiX, and the original installer was built using WiX 3.5. You
can see the original installer code here:
https://github.com/danmar/cppcheck/tree/master/win_installer

I switched to WiX 3.6(.3303), made the necessary changes to source to make
it work and made a few improvements:
I added several features and removed others.
I added some files and added some more <RemoveFile>
I set UI to <UIRef Id="WixUI_FeatureTree"/>

I did not change existing GUIDs, especially not the UpgradeCode. Id of
<Product> is set to "*".

But it fails to update existing installations (based on old installer built
with 3.5). It moves the new files into the destination directory and a new
entry "Cppcheck 1.57 dev" (If I call this Version 1.57 or 1.56.99 doesn't
matter - it has no impact on the behaviour of the installer) entry appears
in the "Add or Remove a Program" dialog, but the old "Cppcheck 1.56" entry
isn't removed. When trying to uninstall, only files that were not already in
1.56 are removed.

For previous versions, updating worked (e.g. 1.55 -> 1.56).

You can find modified project here:
http://kloke-witten.dyndns.org/~philipp/Temp/win_installer.zip

Any ideas?

PKEuS