This is not a big issue, really just something I stumbled on and am curious
about. If I use a localization variable in a component's GUID, like this:

/<Component Id="cmpSomeFileTXT" Guid="!(loc.SomeGuid)">
   <File Source="SomeFile.txt" />
</Component>/

And then add a .wxl file:

/<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<WixLocalization Culture="en-us"
xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/localization";>
  *<String Id="SomeGuid"
Localizable="no">{872EAAB7-BDE1-4EF4-89C6-97664705CB0F}</String>*
</WixLocalization>/

I've noticed that if the GUID in the .wxl has the curly braces, everything
works. If it doesn't have the curly braces, I get the error:

ICE03: Invalid GUID string (Be sure GUID is all UPPER case)

Does this have to do with localization variables just being inserted "as-is"
into the MSI, whereas if WiX were to know you were giving it a GUID, it
would add the curly braces by using the ToString("B")? I found this code is
called during compilation (but I am assuming, not linking?):

Uuid.NewUuid(namespaceGuid, value,
false).ToString("B").ToUpper(CultureInfo.InvariantCulture);

where the string called "value" is known to be a GUID. I guess I am really
just trying to learn if there is an absence of modification to localization
variables?