From: Hoover, Jacob [mailto:jacob.hoo...@greenheck.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2012 2:04 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: [WiX-users] Removing a component during a minor upgrade

  Is it possible to remove a component during a minor upgrade? I know
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Aa367850 indicates that removing a
component requires the product code to be changed (which would force a major
upgrade). But from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa370093.aspx,
Windows Installer 4.5 and later:  The component can be removed correctly using
Windows Installer 4.5 and later by setting the
msidbComponentAttributesUninstallOnSupersedence attribute in the Component
Table or by setting the MSIUNINSTALLSUPERSEDEDCOMPONENTS property. I also found
http://sourceforge.net/p/wix/bugs/1193/ which seems to indicate that this isn't
possible.

Thanks,
Jacob